20 April 2011

Spode in Somerset

Teacup & saucer, bone china, pattern 333 c1803
Slop bowl, (detail) bone china, pattern 333 c1803
Thank you to the Castle Cary Ceramics Group in Somerset for their welcoming and friendly audience for my Spode talk in early April.

I really enjoyed speaking to such a knowledgeable group and was delighted to see so many beautiful Spode pots brought along to discuss afterwards.

There were one or two I didn't want to let go of after the discussion! This included a cup in pattern 333 of about 1803. An easily remembered pattern number and a delightful, elegant pattern in grey with beautiful gilded detail.

 '..........I would like to thank you on behalf of the Castle Cary Ceramics Group for your superb presentation last week. All the members enjoyed the afternoon enormously and I think you will agree that you had a large and enthusiastic audience.'

'It was delightful to see you again today, and I so enjoyed your professional presentation......' Michael Bailey